Of Course We Can is a collection of high quality residential and non-residential activities for disabled and non-disabled children and young people, provided by different organisations across the county and commissioned by Gloucestershire County Council.
The programme aims to improve inclusion and to break down social barriers between disabled and non-disabled peers in Gloucestershire. All the specialist and mainstream providers have been working with lead organisation Active Impact to involve more non-disabled young people to join them on this innovative and exciting journey towards a more inclusive society.
The benefits for volunteers participating in the programme include:
- simple great fun and pleasure from taking part in high quality exciting activities
- an increase in awareness of the issues facing disabled children and young people
- more confidence around disabled children and young people, both socially and practically
- pride in becoming an ambassador and friend to disabled people in everyday life
- more confidence in talking about the issues and using appropriate language around disability
- opportunities to develop skills and understanding through training and volunteering
- an excellent contribution to CV and personal statements, towards related or non-related career paths
For more information about the programme and how to get involved please contact:
Caroline Eardley – Of Course We Can Programme Manager